The Attorney General's Ministry is mandated by law to vet and issue marriage licenses by virtue of the Marriage Act Chapter 174 of the
Substantive Laws of Belize, Revised Edition 2020.
Requirements when applying for a marriage license
- A copy of a national ID of each applicant (Passport or Social Security Card) stamped and certified by a JP to be a true copy of the original
- Application form filled out by applicants and signed and stamped by a licensed Justice of the Peace (JP)
- All signatures must closely match that displayed on the ID presented
- No expired IDs will be accepted
- One or both applicants are Belizean: $50.00
- Both applicants Non-Belizean: $200.00
Fees are to be paid at the Treasury.
Fees are not to be paid until provisional approval of application is received.
Applications must be scanned and submitted via email to: Ministry.Info@agm.gov.bz